When?

Most of us are trapped in the hustle and bustle world of the city life. We tend to retort to the phrase "Maybe Next Time" after seeing our friends, reading about it on the internet about the adventures we wish we did. Promised ourselves to do, but for so long a time hasn't done it.

Well my dear friends and readers, it's time to break free from the grasp of what we call reality. There's more to life than dimes and dollars or should I say cents and pesos. Let's go out there and discover.

I'm a realist. Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a bit of freedom to do things. Let's face it, once you're out the door it's like riding a cab. As if you can hear the meter running. So might as well save up a little and spend it to a more meaningful endeavor (and I don't mean going to the mall stuff).

It's time to say "HELLO WORLD!"

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kodakan

For me, a camera is a camera.  Whether a Point & Shoot or a Single Reflex Lens.... at first.  During one of our weekend games, I saw a Nikon DSLR on on of the players.  I think it was a D40... hmmm interesting I thought to myself.  Then totally forgot about it.

Birthday came. My wife wanted to give me a bracelet.  I'm not much of a jewelry type of guy.  So take a guess.  This is my first time handling a hi-tech (for me) camera.  A sparking Nikon D60 Kit. RTM time!


I don't know much about photography except pointing at someone/something and shooting.  That's it. WWW to the rescue.  I started researching on how to take pictures of things on different lighting conditions at the same time, how to use the camera properly.  The manual is too technical and does not specify examples on real life conditions.

Great news though, no film!  I can start shooting right away, see the results without having it printed! So I fiddled with the presets of the cam and experimented on it.  Learning and taking pictures is so much fun. Little by little I learned (still far from being good though) but what the heck!  It is kinda rewarding when you get one great shot out of ten and receive good comments from it.

I'm now much better from where I started on this new hobby.  Upgraded to D90 with fast lens and still learning.

There's no technical stuff here.  Just another average guy trying to take great pictures.  So if you are interested in this hobby, take a chance.  Do some research on what the experts say.  Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus.  The choice is up to you.  As the saying goes, "wala sa pana yan, nasa indian".

Pictures I've taken to follow.  I'm writing this blog on bed.  I don't have the pictures here on Mac.  Will update it on my desktop soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment